Level 4, Intermediate, Post 4, 'Themed Free Post 2' (Chi kung)
Hi! This time I would
like to talk to you about Chi kung… I am not an expert but I have been
practicing if for the last year and I would like to tell you about my
experience.
The thigs of the East
have always caught my attention, probably because I saw a lot of anime as a
child. However, that curiosity never came to anything concrete… except last
year i took chi kung in the university. To be honest I needed to pass a sport
course and I took that because it seemed the least demanding (I am very bad at
sports and I hate walking around with change clothes on the subway).
The first lesson I learn –and
probably the only one- is about the origin of the word Chi Kung. Chi is the energy
of everything; it is what makes everything up and flows through our body. Kung
can be translated as the exercise of that energy, its putting into motion. The
exercises consist of mobilizing that energy through the body, since it can be
stagnant, to keep the body and soul healthy.
But it goes further…
there is a correspondence between the body/soul and the universe. To an organ,
a season of the year, an element, a diet, a dominant emotion, etc. There is a
harmony between us, as humans, and the universe, cosmos, or whatever you want
to say. Harmony that we clearly do not know. It is another world view compared
to our materialistic and atomistic vision of reality. Many of our ailments can
be understood from here… and not only physical, but also mental / spiritual. It
is not just a hedonistic way to relax.
I know that there are
schools and nuances between different lines but it is a whole world of
knowledge, of which I only know that I know nothing, and that I have a great
interest in continuing to learn in the future.
For now, I share this
routine that I do daily which I found on YouTube, while the quarantine lasts.
See you!
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario