Level 4, intermediate, Post 5, ‘Favourite Job’


Hello! today I would like to tell you about my favorite job… although I don’t really believe in that. I will explain why.

Actually, I was never very interested in what I’m studying –psychology-. I think it is interesting and that due to my personal qualities I can be contributing to the community /society by listening to people’s problems but I have never believed that my “human” development is in an ideal job. I do not believe in the figure of the successful for a job in the market.

Also, thinking about that costs me a lot due to the work dynamics of a neoliberal market. It is a true economic “roller coaster” where there is no, or it is very difficult, to have stability. I think that wanting a specific job tomorrow, which is my favorite or ideal, leads me to always be thinking about the future and to miss the present. This implies falling into a logic of longing and illusion that, in my opinion, does wrong.

But even so, I know that I must work yes or yes and seek economic independence. In that sense, in the future I would like to work in the area of childhood, education and/or clinic. Where? I don’t know. In which? Neither. Maybe, and just maybe, I would be interested in academic “life”, but I don’t know… as a wise man says “each day has enough trouble of its own”.

What I do think I know is that I’m interested in a “modest” job, that leaves me free time to dedicate myself to what really interests me, art. I’m also looking for an austere life, I believe that luxury clouds the eyes and does not let see the essentials, that ultra-expensive clothes, travel, cars, etc. and life goes away in that.


See you!

Comentarios

Entradas populares