Level 4, Pre-Intermediate A, Post 2, 'The Best Holidays/Concert ever'
Hi, today’s theme
complicates me a little bit, I will explain why. On the one hand, talking about
my best holidays is difficult for me. There is always something that tarnishes
it. Maybe I could talk about this year but there was my grandmother’s illness and
implied to be worried about her.
On the other hand,
talking about my favorite concert is also complicated, because I have never
been to one. The reasons are many, for example, the price of tickets or that
the band no longer exists. But the main reason is that with a lot of people
gathered it is difficult to breathe, I feel very suffocated.
Well, given my situation I
will tell you about a concert that I would have liked to go to. This is the
concert of the English band Led Zeppelin, which took place at Madison Square
Garden in 1973. Being precise, this concert was recorded, then some scenes were
added and it was presented as a film –The Song remains the same- in 1976. This
movie is what I saw.

And it is that Led
Zeppelin was one of my favorite bands in my adolescence. Now I remember then
with affection… the time passes and the musical tastes the same. I remember
when I saw that film/concert say “I want to learn that on guitar”, and it was a
musical inspiration. That concert transmits incredible energy. Old school rock
and roll, as a friend would say.

One of my favorite parts
is when they play Dazed and Confused, and the guitarist –Jimmy Page- plays a
melody on the guitar with a violin bow and is interspersed with scenes of him
climbing a mountain and transforming himself into the card of Tarot, the Hermit.

If you don’t know Led
Zeppelin and you are interested, this concert is a good gateway to meet this
historic band.
I share the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BlGnzGICNQ
Thanks!
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario